John Deere 6R, 6-cylinder tractors
i.e. JD 6810-7530, 6140R and up, 6145R and up, including 6230R and 6250R, some 6130R’s
Step one – Front axle ratio
The first step is to find the front axle ratio.
- On the back of the front axle
- Near-side of the tractor
- There is a small metal plate.
- On the plate is the front axle ratio, we are looking for a number like 13.286
Step Two – MFWD/Bevel Gear
Next you need to find a sticker on the side of the radiator
- Near-side of the tractor.
- Pop up the bonnet
- There will be a long sticker on the side of the radiator.
- We are looking for something like 54/13-1.515
It can be in two places:
1. In the box at the bottom called MFWD/Ratio Bevel Gear
2. In the lines of text, next to the Code RA-3
Can’t find the sticker?
If you can’t find this sticker on the side of the radiator, it is sometimes stick on the side of the steering column inside the cab. On rare occasions the sticker is still in the operator’s manual.
With those two numbers we can work out the interaxle ratio and advise what wheels will work for you.