John Deere 6R, 4-cylinder tractors
i.e. JD 6310-6630, 6M’s up to 6125M, 6130M, 6140M, 6R’s up to 6125R, some 6130R’s
For 6-cylinder models, scroll past this section…
Step one – Front axle ratio
The first step is to find the front axle ratio.
- On the back of the front axle
- Off-side of the tractor there is a small metal plate.
- On that plate is the front axle ratio, the number we need will be something like 15.962
Step Two – MFWD/Bevel Gear
The next plate we need to find is at the back of the tractor.
- Look underneath the right-hand assistor ram
- There should be a metal plate.
- This should have the gear-pair and output ratio on – something like 47/10-1.532
With those two numbers we can work out the interaxle ratio and advise what wheels will work for you.